7 Places to Golf In and Around Regina
With the Wascana Golf and Country Club hosting the 2018 LPGA CP Women’s Open in Regina from August 20-26, you may get the itch play a round or two of golf. Fortunately for you (and your itch) there are plenty of places to test your skills and have a lot of fun while you’re at it.Whether you’re an avid golfer, a novice who doesn’t know a putter from an iron, or somewhere in between, there’s a course in and around Regina suited for your game. Here are some of the beautiful courses for you to play during the summer.
- With 206 facilities serving a population of just over 1.15 million, Saskatchewan is second only to PEI in terms of golf facilities per capita in Canada.
- 149 of the Saskatchewan’s 206 golf facilities are 9-hole courses, second among all provinces.
- At 72 per cent, Saskatchewan has the highest percentage of 9-hole facilities among any Canadian province or US State across North America.
- 125 (60 per cent) of Saskatchewan’s golf facilities were added between 1960 and 2000.
- Saskatchewan golf facilities rank among the most accessible for public golfers. 202 of the 206 facilities offer daily fee access.
- The first golf course in the province was a four-hole layout crafted by a member of the North West Mounted Police in 1896.