Touchwood Hills Post Provincial Historic Park
Built in 1879, Touchwood Hills Post was the last of several Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) trading posts established in the area. It was one of the few HBC posts not built on a river but was instead built on the Carlton Trail. Due to its location on the trail and the telegraph line that passed through it, Touchwood Hills Post was an integral part of communication system in the province at the turn of the century.
The post was closed in 1909, and today, all that remains are the cellar depressions of the post and a segment of the Carlton Trail. A plaque commemorates the site and has interpretive signage for each of the building locations. This is a day use picnic site with no onsite facilities.