Last Mountain House Provincial Historic Park
Last Mountain House was built in 1869 by the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) as a winter outpost for its Fort Qu'Appelle operation. It was founded, in part, to compete with an increasing number of independent fur traders in the area and because the bison had begun to move south from the Touchwood Hills. At the time, the site's primary role was to supply provisions for the HBC's northern posts, but it was destroyed by fire in the early 1870s and was not rebuilt.
Today, interpretive panels explain the history and lay-out of the site, including the location of the Master's House, the Men's House, the Ice Cellar, the Warehouse/Barn, a fur press and the privy. A washroom is available on site.