Cumberland House Provincial Historic Park
Cumberland House is the site of the first inland Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) fur trade post and the oldest permanent settlement in Saskatchewan. Established in 1774, this site was once an important transportation hub. In 1793, the fur trade post was moved about 2 km west to a site on and adjacent to the present-day Cumberland House Provincial Park property, where it conducted business until 1965. Visitors to the park may view the thick, stone-walled powder house, constructed circa 1886 and the original boilers from the Hudson Bay Company's Northcote which was the first steam-powered sternwheeler on the Saskatchewan River. There are no onsite facilities..