Cottage Subdivision Directives/Policies

The Provincial Park Cottage Subdivision Directives establish a consistent standard for provincial park cottage subdivisions to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable cottage experience.

The Development Permit Extension Policy outlines when a development/building permit extension is required for a construction project that has not been completed within the valid two-year timeframe.

Provincial Parks Dilapidation Policy defines when a recreational leased property is in a dilapidated state and is required to be brought into compliance.

The Septic System Integrity Test Policy defines when septic systems in provincial park cottage subdivisions are required to be tested on recreational leased property.

Cottage Assessments

Beginning in 2015, cottage subdivisions are subject to reassessment of fair land value assessments every four years. Individual Subdivision Assessments and the Cost Market Report for Saskatchewan Provincial Parks are available for public viewing.

If you feel that an unfair assessment has been made on your fair land value assessment, please consult the Guide to Provincial Park Cottage Lot Land Assessment Appeals before filling out a Land Appeal Form.

Lease Administration

There are several reasons a lessee may wish to assign the lease to another party; there are a variety of forms that must be filled out and submitted for such a transfer to take place:

Subdivision Development

All construction on park land requires a Development / Building Permit Application to be completed. Please consult the Guidelines to determine if a Development / Building Permit or a No Fee Development / Building Permit is required and for information regarding the submission process.

For the construction of a detached residential accessory building, there are additional Worksheets and Guidelines available.

To apply for a well or septic system installation, please fill out the Application for Water and Sewage Installation.

Foreshore Management in Provincial Parks

Shoreland and foreshore areas are important sites for providing shelter and breeding habitat for many fish and bird species, as well as other types of wildlife. Foreshore and shoreland structures are therefore governed by the Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport's Dock Policy. To apply for use of a foreshore or shoreland structure, please fill out the Foreshore Shoreland Use Application. To surrender the use of a foreshore or shoreland structure, please fill out the Foreshore Shoreland Quit Claim Application.