No Tent Required!
Backcountry Camping - Know Before You Go
Please read and be aware of the additional following terms and conditions:
- All trash MUST be packed out. Pack out what you pack in.
- Keep trails and sites litter-free.
- Backcountry Camping Permit MUST be carried by the group leader.
- Campfires are only permitted in designated areas.
- Do not leave the designated trail. Diverting from the path to avoid puddles can harm vegetation and increase erosion.
- Feeding wildlife is strictly prohibited - use bear safe food lockers where available (Meadow Lake Provincial Park).
- All campsites are shared sites. Respect all trail users and obey quiet times and individual privacy.
- Avoid hiking alone whenever possible. Make a plan and share it with someone. If possible, set a plan to check in periodically throughout your outing.
- Dress in appropriate hiking attire, including stable (and comfortable) footwear.
- There is no potable water available at the backcountry campsites. Hikers must have their own water filtration systems.