Provincial Park Cottage Lot and Property Lease - Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park
The Ministry of Parks, Culture & Sport is working with McDougall Auctioneers to auction off a 21-year lease of a residential cottage Lot in Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park.
Driving Directions: Travel South of Maple Creek 30KM on Highway 21, then turn West at the intersection of Highway 21 and 221 for 4KM and then left onto Ben Vannoch Drive.
Viewing: An open house will be available on November 30, 2023, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Auction Closing Date is Thursday, December 07, 2023, at 1 p.m.
This auction sale requires pre-registration. A refundable deposit of $2,500 is required to participate in this sale. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours to be registered.
See Terms and Conditions below for more details.
- Length of Lease: 21 Years
- Approximate Annual Lease Fees: $910.70
- Approximate Annual Service Fees: $625.00
- Fees are subject to change on an annual basis.
- Building Type: Log Cabin with Metal Roof
- Total Square Feet: 1217
- Property Size: 7462 Sq. Ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Rooms: Kitchen and Dining Room (18'9 by 11'11), Living Room (10'5 by 20'2), Bedroom (9'1 by 9'6), Bedroom (9'2 by 10'4), Sunroom (19'9 by 7'), Rear Entrance, Toilet, Pantry and Cold Storage, Bathroom
- Age of Cabin: 90 Years - Original Structure built approximately 1933
- Water: Seasonal Water Hook up is Available
- Gas: Property is currently hooked up to Propane. Natural Gas lines are in close proximity
- Power: Direct Hook up - 110 Volt 100 Amp Service currently connected, 220 is available but not connected
- Sewer: Septic Tank (passed integrity Test on Sept 13, 2023)
- Heat: Propane Heater, Wood Fireplace, In Wall Furnace
- Appliances: Washer, Propane Stove.
Damages or Important Information:
Structure is in good condition, no significant damage was noted, property was inspected by Construction Code Authority on October 4, 2023.
According to the Real Property Report, the eave is trespassing onto crown land by 0.42M. As such, the property will have a Total Lot Development Freeze, which will not allow for any further development until the offending structure(s) are brought into compliance.
If the Lessee chooses to remove or demolish the existing dwelling on the cottage lot to develop a new one, the Lessee will provide all the necessary building plans in order to obtain an approved building permit. The building permit, once approved, is valid for two years and a new dwelling must be erected within this time. No further assignment of lease transfer will be permitted without an approved dwelling constructed on the cottage lot.
There are over 2,100 cottages located on leased land within 11 provincial parks and one recreation site which are an integral and historic part of the provincial parks system. Cottage lessees hold a 21-year renewable lease and pay fees on an annual basis for the use of park land and the services that they receive. The Ministry of Parks, Culture & Sport operates under The Parks Act and works in partnership with a broad range of stakeholders and clients. More information about cottaging within Saskatchewan Provincial Parks is available at www.Saskatchewan.ca/Cottaging.
Terms and Conditions:
This auction sale requires pre-registration on THIS AUCTION SALE REQUIRES PRE-REGISTRATION McDougall Auctions.
A refundable deposit of $2,500 is required to participate in this sale. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours to be registered.
NO FINAL DAY REGISTRATIONS WILL BE PERMITTED.
Please contact the McDougall Real Estate office to start the registration process. Prior to contacting the office, please ensure you have your bidding account for McDougallbay.com completed and set up.
Refundable deposit will be returned within five business days to unsuccessful bidders. You may also provide McDougall Auctions a copy of a void cheque so that McDougall can return the deposit more quickly.